Day one from the KDE Launch Event at Mountain View, CA, and I’m tired, stoked, tired, excited, and… tired. Memorable spots include:
- Waking up at 3:00 a.m., EST, flying all day, getting stuck in Silicon Valley traffic for 2 hours, etc.
- Visiting a beautiful, big mall in Santa Clara. My eldest would LOVE this!
- Walking into an actual Swatch store and buying a new, nifty, unique watch. (I used to wear no watch unless it was a Swatch but haven’t had one in a few years. Love them!)
- Finding the new version of my old Nike Prestos and buying a pair!
- Finally getting to meet and talk to Adriaan, after having worked with him for 4+ years.
- Drinking a sip (a really wee sip) of Adriaan’s scotch (I think).
- Eating peanut butter cookies that Adriaan made for us all, and drinking milk with my fellow KDE brethren, late into the night.
- Getting my KDE business cards (2 boxes, mind you!!) (thanks again, Thiago!!!) =:)
Looking forward to more fun at Days 2 and 3 at the KDE4 Launch Event.
Special thanks to Jerry Gartner for the pics, since I sucked too much to actually take any thus far. =:/